[Pw_forum] OpenMPI on mac

Eduardo Ariel Menendez Proupin eariel99 at gmail.com
Mon May 26 06:55:52 CEST 2008

Hi,
I am new with Macs. I am learning to compile in it. Frankly, I have been
happy after installing fink, so I am still Linux minded. I installed g95,
and with it I could compile QE serially. The problem is to use mpif90. There
is an mpif90 that comes with Xcode version 3, but it is not configured. When
I run it I have this message.

Macintosh:Developer eariel$ mpif90
Unfortunately, this installation of Open MPI was not compiled with
Fortran 90 support.  As such, the mpif90 compiler is non-functional.

Obviously I would have to configure it, but I do not find any file named
configure. Is there an option to reconfigure it within Xcode, without
downloading OpenMPI independently of Xcode?

Other question, is there a gfortran in Xcode? How to install it?
Thanks

--
Eduardo Menendez