[Pw_forum] acml - mkl

Eduardo Ariel Menendez Proupin eariel99 at gmail.com
Thu May 15 19:36:37 CEST 2008

Dear Sagar,

I am not sure if configure detects the acml library. Recently it did not
work for me. In case that configure does not detect the ACML, after you run
./configure,  edit the file  make.sys
and modify the last line, to appear like this

LIBS           = /opt/acml4.1.0/ifort64/lib/libacml.a $(MPI_LIBS)
$(MASS_LIBS) $(PGPLOT_LIBS) $(LD_LIBS)

Note that /opt/acml4.1.0 is the directory where I placed the ACML in my PC.
Use the appropriate directory in your system.

I also have one PC with  processor AMD 64 X2, the operating system has a
strange architecture x86_64 (as given by the command uname -a),  but the
intel compiler that works is 32bits ,  the emt64 version does not work for
me in this machine. In this machine, I compiled using

LIBS           = /opt/acml4.1.0/ifort32/lib/libacml.a $(MPI_LIBS)
$(MASS_LIBS) $(PGPLOT_LIBS) $(LD_LIBS)

Regards
Eduardo