[Pw_forum] Defining an antiferromagnetic graphene nanoribbon

Roberto G. A. Veiga raveiga at yahoo.com
Sun May 11 14:35:53 CEST 2008

Hi, Stefano:

as far as I understand, if I use a cutoff for a system made of carbons and I find it is appropriate, I should use the same cutoff for another system also made of carbons. I mean, if I use 20 Ry for carbon nanotubes and the results are fine, I could use 20 Ry for diamond, or graphene. Is it wrong my assumption?

[]s,

Roberto

Stefano Baroni <baroni at sissa.it> wrote: The kinetic-energy cutoff is a property of the atomic core, NOT of the specific system (to a large extent).SB