[Pw_forum] comparing gaussian03 with pwscf

O. Baris Malcioglu baris.malcioglu at gmail.com
Mon May 5 20:25:39 CEST 2008

Hi,

Maybe some details on how you are calculating the system in Gaussian
will be helpful, especially the basis set and the X-C functionals. I
suspect the problem arises from the intrinsic difficulty of describing
Carbon atoms and Lanthanium at the same time using all-electron
wavefunctions. You should pay extra attention how your carbon cores are
described in a set that is tailored for Lanthanoids, or vice versa.

O. Baris Malcioglu
SISSA CM sector,
Trieste,  Italy
Tel:+390403787374