[Pw_forum] [OT] How to identify NFE states ?

lan haiping lanhaiping at gmail.com
Mon May 5 01:21:01 CEST 2008

:(, i think i have misunderstood the states' identification.
I thought  we could just figure out states like NFEs from bands structure,
and NFEs should have a similar energy dispersion of free electron between
different high symmetry points. Of course, we should also take the fold-up
into account for different  BZs.
After digging out some papers, i find we should judge state not just from
bands calculation, but also consider the shape of wavefunction.
I am really sorry for my poor expression and some misunderstangding,  Thanks
for your kindly reply and help.
Best

lanhaiping at gmail.com, hplan at pku.edu.cn