[Pw_forum] undefined reference to mkl_serv_load_dll'/load_fun'

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Tue Mar 4 12:22:30 CET 2008

Osman Barış Malcıoğlu wrote:

> espresso 3.2.3 is problematic with mkl 10.x series.

no sir, it is the mkl 10.x series that is problematic
with espresso 3.2.3. The correct usage of mkl requires
some voodoo, and what is worse, a different one for each
version. Here is version 10.x of the mkl voodoo:

LDFLAGS = -i-static -openmp
(so you do not need -lguide -lpthreahds)
BLAS_LIBS = -lmkl_ia32
LAPACK_LIBS =
empty: you do not need it any longer)
This, assuming 32-bit compilation and correct initialization
of both the intel compiler and the mkl paths via execution of
the appropriate scripts (hidden somewhere in the ifort/mkl
distribution). If mkl paths are not correctly set, one should
use instead
BLAS_LIBS = -L/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.1.014/lib/32 -lmkl_ia32

nazari at iasbs.ac.ir wrote:

 >  But the  CVS version also has the same problem.

no sir, the CVS version works (at least for 64-bit compilation,
that should be the default for newer CPUs: why do you want 32-bit
compilation?): I spent several hours to have it working on my new
workstation. Of course, it may not work if you have a funny system
configuration, or if you use "configure" with 42 options so that it
doesn't configure anything.

Paolo