[Pw_forum] davcio: error # 10 when running projwfc.x

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Sun Mar 2 18:24:56 CET 2008

On Mar 1, 2008, at 5:03 , Yaser Rehem wrote:

> Has anyone ever gotten a davcio: error # 10 when running projwfc.x?

everyone has. It means that the file you were expecting is not there,
or not as you expect it is

> I'm trying to do a pDOS calculation as per example 8 in the espresso
> 3.2.3, however I'm stuck unable to execute the last step due to the i/
> o error above.  I've successfully performed pDOS calculations in the
> past when using espresso 3.2.

since espresso 3.2.3 == espresso 3.2 + bug fixes, I'll take your
statement
with a considerable amount of skepticism, unless you try exactly the
same
sequence of operations in the two cases and find different outcomes.
In such a case, please provide a reproducible example that produces the
error, without taking a week of cpu if possible.

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222