[Pw_forum] Small U for Co in ZnO for LDA+U (update)

Nektarios Lathiotakis lathiot at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 30 22:04:15 CEST 2008

Hi again,

Mateo is right,  the occupations for Co are 0.4 instead of 1.
A last question that is a bit different...

The gap of pure ZnO (no Co impurities) can not be fixed by pure lda+u
because the Zn-d states are fully occupied. However, (I guess) the gap must
be sensitive to a hubbard U for oxygen p-states and could be fixed by
fitting U_oxygen.
However, I am not aware of anyone using Hubbard U for p states... and a
quick search
in bibliography didnt find anything.

On the other hand Oxygen is in elements list in tabd.f90.  That makes me
suspect that 1) It might not
be completely non sense 2) there might be other attempts to do that. Any
comment?

Nektarios