[Pw_forum] mixing_fixed_ns in LDA+U calculation

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Sat Jun 28 09:26:17 CEST 2008

Dear Han Hsu,
      I think the code behave as you want even if it does not print any
reassuring message...
      in  PW/electrons.f90 you can find the following bit of code:
===
       IF ( lda_plus_u )  THEN
           !
           hwf_energy = hwf_energy + eth
           !
           IF ( iverbosity > 0 .OR. first ) CALL write_ns()
           !
           IF ( first .AND. istep == 0 .AND. &
                startingpot == 'atomic' ) CALL ns_adj()
           IF ( iter <= niter_with_fixed_ns ) rho%ns = rhoin%ns
           !
        END IF
 ====
     ... so you can see that the code print the current "output" value
of the ns variable (the values computed from the current estimate of the
wavefunctions) but then reset it to the initial value for the number of
iterations required.
     I'll add a line of output stating this fact in the cvs version but
it should be OK.
     best regards,
     Stefano de Gironcoli -- SISSA and DEMOCRITOS