[Pw_forum] Problem in running jobs

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Mon Jun 23 21:29:59 CEST 2008

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008, Padmaja Patnaik wrote:

PP> Dear PWscf-users and -authors

dear padmaja,

PP> I am facing a problem while trying to run the examples of pwscf. the
PP> error is as follows,

[...]

PP> <MPICH-MX> Error: Need to obtain the job magic number in MXMPI_MAGIC !
PP>
PP>
PP> [0] Error: write to socket failed !

you cannot run a binary that has been compiled with myrinet support on a
node that does not have a working and configured myrinet card.

PP> tried to see the users guide but could not solve the problem.

this is not an error from QE but from your (myrinet) MPI library.
before reporting MPI related problems, please first make
sure you can actually run MPI based executables _at all_.

cheers,
   axel.

PP> Need help
PP>
PP>
PP>
PP>
PP>
PP> Regards