[Pw_forum] Running examples in espresso-4.0

Paul M. Grant w2agz at pacbell.net
Mon Jun 23 21:14:09 CEST 2008

Paolo, one "standardization" which would be nice would be to assign a "grep
tag" to the final values of an scf run that are otherwise iterated under the
same name during the course of its execution.  For example, you do this the
final value of "total energy" using an "!".  (This nice little feature is
undocumented it seems).  With your help, I was able to go into electrons.f90
and do similar for "estimated scf accuracy" as it uses a separate FORMAT
statement to print the final value, but not the "magnetizations" or "spin
eigenvalues."  I suppose a real "bash-er" could find something close by like
"Fermi energy" and slog around to get the others.

Paul M. Grant, PhD
Principal, W2AGZ Technologies
Visiting Scholar, Applied Physics, Stanford (2005-2008)
EPRI Science Fellow (Retired)
IBM Research Staff Member Emeritus
w2agz at pacbell.net
http://www.w2agz.com