[Pw_forum] Running examples in espresso-4.0

kuilin lu lukuilin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 04:54:14 CEST 2008

Dear Grant and all who has the same problem:
Do you mean the "bug" is the following? please note the round bracket
after "function check_failure"

//This is the check_failure.sh file in veriosn 4.0
------------------
function check_failure() {
   # usage: check_failure $?
   if test $1 != 0; then
       $ECHO "Error condition encountered during test: exit status = $1"
       $ECHO "Aborting"
       exit 1
   fi
}
------------------
// and I modified this to the following to make it running under AIX
5.2, note I deleted the round bracket after "function check_failure".
------------------
# function to test the exit status of a job
function check_failure {
   # usage: check_failure $?
   if test $1 != 0; then
       $ECHO "Error condition encountered during test: exit status = $1"
       $ECHO "Aborting"
       exit 1
   fi
}
------------------
It seems to me that some *uix distribution didn't realize some
function in sh script, so if you meet the problem, please try this
"dirty" solution if you like.
Hope it save someone's time ;-)
Best Wishes
Kuilin Lu

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 22:39:47 -0700
> From: "Paul M. Grant" <w2agz at pacbell.net>
> Subject: Re: [Pw_forum] Running examples in espresso-4.0
> To: "'PWSCF Forum'" <pw_forum at pwscf.org>
>
> BTW, it seems the "bug" in check_failure.sh still remains in espresso-4.0
> ...at least re the version of bash included in the ubuntu distros.
>
> Paul M. Grant, PhD
> Principal, W2AGZ Technologies
> Visiting Scholar, Applied Physics, Stanford (2005-2008)
> EPRI Science Fellow (Retired)
> IBM Research Staff Member Emeritus
> w2agz at pacbell.net
> http://www.w2agz.com
> ?
> ?

Kuilin Lu, Ph.D student
College of Materials Science and Engineering
Hunan University
Changsha 410082
China
E-Mail: lukuilin at gmail.com