[Pw_forum] Running examples in espresso-4.0

Amos Leffler amosleffler at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 20 20:59:35 CEST 2008

Dear  Forum,
        I just compiled espresso-4.0 using gfortran with OpenSuSE 10.2 in 64 bit mode.  The entire process consisted of the two commands:
                                    ./configure
                                    make all
The compilation went without error.  However, when I tried to run some examples (1,2,7) they all failed with the same type message as given below.

example/example01  :starting

This example shows how to use pw.x to calculate the total energy and  the band structure of four simple
systems: Si, Al, Cu, Ni.

       executables directory ../espresso-4.0/bin
       pseudo directory        ../espresso-4.0/pseudo
       temporary directory:     /root/tmp
       checking that needed directories and files exist... done

       running pw.x as: ../espresso-4.0/bin/pw.x
       running bands.x as ../espresso-4.0/bin/bands.x

       cleaning /root/tmp... done
       running the scf calcuation for Si... ..espresso-4.0/bin/pw.x : error while loading shared
       libraries :libguide.so cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error conditin encountered during test: exit status = 127
Aborting

Since espresso-4.0 is so new I couldn't find anything about this problem.  Hopefully there is a simple fix.

                                                                                        Amos Leffler