[Pw_forum] wfcdir and oldwfc

Javier Fuhr javier.fuhr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 22:04:37 CEST 2008

Dear PWscf users,

I am relaxing a rather large system with pw.x in parallel mode in a cluster.
I set wfcdir pointing to directories in the local hard drives of the
machines. However, the big *.oldwfc* and *.old2wfc* files, necessary for the
wfc extrapolation (I set wfc_extrapolation = 'second_order'), are written in
outdir which is pointing to a directory in the NFS server. Therefore, the
extrapolation takes a lot of time. Is there a way to write these files in
the local directories?, or is it advised not to use wfc_extrapolation?

Thanks,
Javier