[Pw_forum] How to solve the problem: "problems computing cholesky decomposition"

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Fri Jun 13 08:52:51 CEST 2008

On Jun 8, 2008, at 7:04 , Wang Qinjing wrote:

> I've solved the problem by changing 'diagonalization' from default
> value
> to 'CG' mode. That means the default diagonalization mode is unstable.

no sir, that means something different. It means that instead of helping
the community by providing the needed information to reproduce the
problem, if any (type of machine, number of processors used, input data
and related output, pseudopotentials if not available in the
database) and
to fix it, you choose a workaround that will considerably slow down your
calculations. Too bad for you.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222