[Pw_forum] Convergence Problem on dipole correction and XCrysden problem on X86_64

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Wed Jun 4 10:12:24 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 13:39 +0900, sei ou wrote:

> (2)  Xcrysden installation problem on 64 bit machine.
> Xcrysden-pre1.5 source code can be compiled on Ubuntu 8.04 x86_64, but
> when I run xcrysden, it always crashs.
> by using xcrysden -d, I got the follwing error messages:

There are some very tricky issues with the 64bit compilation of
xcrysden. However, the 32bit compiled code works well on 64bit machines.
I suggest you try with the following:

http://www.xcrysden.org/download/xc-latest-linuxPC-semishared.tar.gz

(and if for some reason this will not work, you may try with:
http://www.xcrysden.org/download/xc-latest-linuxPC-static.tar.gz
http://www.xcrysden.org/download/xc-latest-linuxPC-shared.tar.gz
)

Regards, Tone
--
Tone Kokalj <tone.kokalj at ijs.si>
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia (tel: