[Pw_forum] Vibration Spectrum from QE

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 12:55:00 CEST 2008

Please have a look at example06 in /examples.
Of course, you should use a supercell, calculate
phonons and then projected phonon dos.
If you mean to calculate vibrations of selected atoms
I think you can try "nat_todo" keyword for phonons,
but
not sure it will work in your particular case, as this
keyword has been used for a special structure
(fulleren, if I remember correctly from Paolo's
reply).

By the way, in this way you will never be sure whether
a structure you consider is dynamically stable as you
do not have a complete picture for pohonon
dispersions.

Bests,
Eyvaz.