[Pw_forum] optimization of any structure

sathya subramanyan sathya_sheela1985001 at rediffmail.com
Wed Jul 30 08:28:14 CEST 2008

Dear Dr. Prasenjit,
                    Thank you so much for your reply and the link.
                   I'm doing the vc-relax calculation but it has been running for more than 36 hours.Is this why you have mentioned that vc-relax is tricky ? I have attached the I/P file for reference and if you could please take a look at it.
                   I'm also trying the manual relaxation and will let you know the status of my results.

INPUT FILE FOR VC-RELAX

&CONTROL
   calculation =   "vc-relax"   ,
   restart_mode = 'from_scratch' ,
   outdir='/home/413107002/tmp/' ,
   pseudo_dir = '/home/413107002/espresso-4.0.1/pseudo' ,
   nstep =  1000  ,
               etot_conv_thr = 1.0E-10  ,
               forc_conv_thr = 1.0D-10 ,
                          dt = 150 ,