[Pw_forum] Calculation cannot be submitted at a remote terminal

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Mon Jul 28 21:23:37 CEST 2008

On Jul 28, 2008, at 19:31 , lan haiping wrote:

>   I came to this strange behavior last night.

working at night is a very bad idea. In the morning one sees everything
better, especially dumb computer errors

> But when i try to submit some tests at a remote terminal , the
> calculations cannot go on and give me the following information:
> " poll: protocol failure in circuit setup
> forrtl: error (69): process interrupted (SIGINT)"
>
> It seems this error does not go with espresso when i stuffer it
> into google.

had you "stuffered", as you say, into google: "protocol failure in
circuit setup",
you should have discovered that it is a rsh error. Quantum-espresso does
not use rsh; MPI does. So it is definitely a problem with the
configuration
of your machine and/or your MPI libraries.

Paolo
--
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy