[Pw_forum] Fe pseudopotential

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Sat Jul 19 20:44:46 CEST 2008

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008, Mansoureh Pashangpour wrote:

MP> Dear Vega
MP> Its pseudo wave functions are similar all electron wave functions for Fe
MP> atom (without any nodes)
MP> and its energy is near all electron energies .Isn't it enough?

no. having a close match in those is a prerequisite but not enough.

please check out text books on electronic structure with
plane wave pseudopotential methods (e.g. the ones by jorge kohanoff
or richard martin) and review articles (the one of the fhi98pp package
is particularly educational) on pseudopotential generation.

cheers,
   axel.