[Pw_forum] How to simulate cation H+ without electron or Li+ with only two electrons

vega lew vegalew at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 15 12:11:56 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I want to simulate H+ without electron and Li+ with only two electrons. How could I do
this?
The system I want to simulate is composed of ~100 nomoral atoms and ~1-3 cations.
The  nomoral atoms has ordinary electrons such as C with 6 electrons and Si with 14 electrons.
Cations lose some electrons such as H+ without any electrons and Li with only 2 electrons.

Do you think pseudopotential with plane wave basis sets DFT calculation is suitable for this mater?

If so, which parameter I should control in Q-E to separate the cation H+/Li+ from the atom

H with 1 electron/ Li with 3 electrons?

best wishes,

vega

Vega Lew
PH.D Candidate in Chemical Engineering
State Key Laboratory of Materials-oriented Chemical Engineering
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Nanjing University of Technology, 210009, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China