[Pw_forum] igk files

alan chen chenhanghuipwscf at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 19:29:32 CEST 2008

Dear PWSCF users,
     In my calculation, I set wfcdir to be '/scratch' in order to save disk
space. I have found some xxx.igk files are dumped in the scratch direction.
I have two questions.
1) I have a few jobs running at the same time. Unfortunately they have the
same 'prefix' so that these xxx.igk files may overwrite each other. Does
that matter? Does the code read in these files?
2) Recently when I calculate large jobs, I got the following error message:
'input statement requires too much data, unit 16, file
/home1/hc336/scratch/IF-relax.igk19'. Does that mean the xxx.igk19 file is
too large for the code to read in?

Thank you very much.

Hanghui
Department of Physics