[Pw_forum] parallel phonon code ????

明文美 iphyboy at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 9 15:00:22 CEST 2008

    Dear users:
            I am a very confused question: Is the phonon code (ph.x) really implemented in parallel version?
     since the phonon computational time usually is intolerable,for example, the task was not completed
    when I calculated the phonon dispersion of superconducting material LaOFeAs. Furthermore, the speed of computation shows
     no difference when I used 32 CPUs from that when I only 8 CPUs. Also, the dynamic matrix files *.dyn(1-n)
     are generated one by one, totally different from SCF wavefunctin files which are generated parallelly(like
     *.wavfc1,*.wavfc2, ......, *.wavfc8 in case of 8 CPUs parallelization sheme)

    thanks a lot

    Wenmei Ming

    www.iphy.ac.cn