[Pw_forum] Quick question on coordinates

Miguel Martínez Canales miguel.martinez at ehu.es
Wed Feb 27 20:33:23 CET 2008

Thanks everybody for your comments and suggestions. I'd be willing to give
Moreno's script a go slightly later (I'm pretty busy at the moment),
although my perl skills are, well, non-existent.

Nicola might also be interested to know that my school belonged to the
Marianists (society of Mary), so the pupils of St. Ignatius' school were
actually our main rivals ;-). We're obviously the better ones.

Stefano Baroni wrote:

> On Feb 27, 2008, at 6:34 PM, Paolo Giannozzi wrote:
>> 2) nobody has ever volunteered to delve into the Wyckoff and to
>>     program whatever crystal axis are used there, or to implement
>>     space groups and the like.
>
> this is not exactly true. Moreno Baricevic has written a beatiful perl
> script that is expected to translate the info contained in Wyckoff's
> tables into something digestible by QE. Unfortunately, nobody has ever
> volunteered to test it thoroughly (not even occasionally), not to
> mention the little coding that is still necessary to turn the digestion
> process into actual metabolism ...
>
> If anybody out there is willing to help, I will gladly provide Moreno's
> script, along with info about what it is supposed to do ...
>
> Stefano

Miguel Martínez Canales
Dto. Física de la Materia Condensada
UPV/EHU
Facultad de Ciencia y Tecnología
Apdo. 644
48080 Bilbao (Spain)
Fax:  +34 94 601 3500
Tlf:  +34 94 601 5437

  "If you have an apple and I have an apple and
  we exchange these apples then you and I will
  still each have one apple. But if you have an
  idea and I have an idea and we exchange these
  ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."

    George Bernard Shaw