[Pw_forum] Gd LDA pseudo

S. K. S. sks.jnc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 20:22:38 CET 2008

Dear Sir,

Thanks a  lot  for  your  kind reply.

 First time,  I'm  trying to generate a pseudo myself.

 Being newbie, some thing I can not understand clearly.

 As for example, in pwscf suite it's given for Os that
  &input
    title='Os',
    zed=76.,
    rel=1,
    iswitch=3,
    config='[Xe] 4f14.0 5d6.0 6s2.0 6p0.0',
    dft='LDA'
 /
 &inputp
   lloc=0,
   pseudotype=3,
   file_pseudopw='Os.pz-rrkjus.UPF',
   nlcc=.true.,
   rcore=0.9,
   author='ADC',
 /
4
6P  2  1  0.00  0.00  2.60  2.60  1
5D  3  2  6.00  0.00  1.90  2.30  1
5D  3  2  0.00 -0.20  1.90  2.30  1
6S  1  0  2.00  0.00  2.50  2.50  1
Though I can understand the meaning of the most of the input parameters,
however,  in  last  part , why  the numbers are  like these

6P   0.00  2.60  2.60  1
5D   0.00  1.90  2.30  1
5D  -0.20  1.90  2.30  1
6S   0.00  2.50  2.50  1  , I can not understand clearly.

I know that for Gd it will be like that

6P   2    1   0.00
5D   3    2   1.00
5D   3    2    0.00
6S   1    0    2.00

but what will be the other numbers for Gd????

I'll be highly obliged if somebody kindly help me to understand
the above points. First,  I'll test the generated Gd pseudo and if
it works well  I'll  defintely  give  it  back to PWSCF website.

Look forward to your kind help.

With my best regards,
SKS
JNCASR
BANGALORE

Presently I do not have a Gd pseudopotential.
Please post this question to the pw_forum mailing list, maybe someone
will be able to provide it.

Best wishes

Andrea