[Pw_forum] GIPAW pseudopotentials

Josef Zwanziger jzwanzig at dal.ca
Thu Feb 14 09:09:13 CET 2008

Hello,
I have been looking at the GIPAW modules in the 4.0cvs pre-release, and while
I can compile and run the example without problem, it's not clear how to make
pseudopotentials for GIPAW for other atoms. I notice that the given test
pseudopotentials, for silicon for example, include blocks of GIPAW specific
data, but I can't find any corresponding options in the ld1 input files or
for that matter the ld1 source code that corresponds to these options. Also
unclear is whether the GIPAW module as currently available works with
non-norm-conserving data, or currently only with norm-conserving data. Any
clarification would be helpful.

thanks,
Joe
--
Josef W. Zwanziger
Canada Research Chair in NMR Studies of Materials
jzwanzig at dal.ca
http://jwz.chem.dal.ca

On sabbatical January-July 2008
Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research
Mainz, Germany