[Pw_forum] problems with installation

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Sat Feb 9 21:43:05 CET 2008

On Feb 9, 2008, at 18:11 , Axel Kohlmeyer wrote:

> I?> startup.f90:(.text+0x6b2): undefined reference to `iargc_'
> I?> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> and this confirms this suspicion. different fortran compilers
> have different ways to detect command line arguments (and other
> stuff). all fortran parts of QE have to be compiler with compatible
> compilers.

correct, but the specific problem might be simpler than this:
gfortran doesn't like "iargc" to be defined as "external". This
was fixed in the CVS version some time ago:
http://www.democritos.it:8888/O-sesame/chngview?cn=5150.
Also, a real support for gfortran in "configure" is quite recent.

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222