[Pw_forum] how to run PWSCF using the graphical interface

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 01:23:56 CET 2008

Dear Souraya,

Of course, PWGUI is an excellent tool, thanks Tone.
>From your message it is unclear whether did you
calculate the charge density or not.
It might be something went in wrong way in your tests
and you got no CHDENS file.
Please have a look at your output  files.

>TK4GUIPWscf
Even Google knows nothing about this  search tag, but
it is aware of TkGUI4PWscf, which is supplied to the
QE distribution.

Bests,
Eyvaz
--- Souraya Goumri-Said
<Souraya.Goumri-Said at univ-lemans.fr> wrote:

> Dear  PWSCF user's,
>
> I am new user of PWSCF and I have 2 questions :
>
> 1- I am trying to run some examples under the
> graphical interface of
> PWSCF, but I have the following error message "
>
> can't read "::pwscf::settings(CHDENS)": no such
> element in array
> can't read "::pwscf::settings(CHDENS)": no such
> element in array
>     while executing
> "::tclu::newset run(CHDENS,$moduleObj)
> $::pwscf::settings(CHDENS)"
>     (procedure "_init" line 16)
>     invoked from within
> "_init $guiObj"
>     (procedure "::pwscf::run::run" line 7)
>     invoked from within
> "::pwscf::run::run ::gUI0"
>     invoked from within
> ".gui0.shellchildsite.menubar.menubar.run.menu
> invoke active"
>     ("uplevel" body line 1)
>     invoked from within
> "uplevel #0 [list $w invoke active]"
>     (procedure "tk::MenuInvoke" line 47)
>     invoked from within
> "tk::MenuInvoke
> .gui0.shellchildsite.menubar.menubar.run.menu 1"
>     (command bound to event
>
> *2. *I a searching for the user guide related to the
> graphical interface
> of PWSCF : TK4GUIPWscf. Where I can find it, please?
>

> Sincerely yours,
>
> *
> *--
>
> Dr. Souraya Goumri-Said
> Laboratoire de Physique de l'Etat Condensé, UMR CNRS
> 6087
> Institut de Recherche en Ingénierie Moléculaire et
> Matériaux Fonctionnels, FR CNRS 2575
> Université du Maine. Avenue Olivier Messiaen
> 72085 LE MANS Cedex 9 (France).
> Email : Souraya.Goumri-Said at univ-lemans.fr
> web : http://geocities.com/saidsouraya/
> Tel  : (+33) (0) 2 43 83 26 26 /
> Fax :  (+33) (0) 2 02 43 83 35 18

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys, Russia,
IFM, Linkoping University, Sweden
Condensed Matter Theory Group, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eyvaz.Isaev at fysik.uu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com