[Pw_forum] Question on the tools used to visualize the point defects, such as vacancy and interstitial configurations.

Hongsheng Zhao zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Dec 16 11:40:28 CET 2008

Hi all,

I'm currently want to visualize the point defects, such as vacancy and interstitial configurations in ZnO according to the Kröger-Vink Notation.  But I find that the though the perfect crystal structure is easy to construct, the ones with specific defects are more difficult to visualize.  Would you give me some hints on the tools used to visualize the point defects, such as vacancy and interstitial configurations?

Regards,
--
Hongsheng Zhao <zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry