[Pw_forum] How to change the weight parameter in hybrid functional?

Marci vormar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 01:26:22 CET 2008

Dear Ian haiping,

as far as I know, implementing (norm-conserving) pseudopotentials
based on hybrid functionals is not a trivial problem, the main reason
could be the non-locality of the hartree-fock exchange. The accepted
approach is to create pseudopotentials using
the corresponding non-hybrid functional and use it in hybrid
calculations. This is said in the EXX_example readme file. So you
should simply force pwscf to use the hybrid functional by specifying
the "input_dft" parameter.

Yours sincerely,
Marton Voros
--