[Pw_forum] something strange in rutile and anatase calculation

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 29 15:00:34 CEST 2008

Dear Vega,

As you can see we considered three FeH phases (FCC, HCP, and DHCP) and plotted their free energies including phonon contribution with respect to the unit cell volume.
On the left side (under pressure) first DHCP has the lowest energy, then hcp, and finally, FCC phase is the lowest in energy. So, we stated, there are DHCP --> HCP and HCP --> FCC phase transitons

Hope this helps.

Bests,
Eyvaz

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys, Russia,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University, Sweden
Condensed Matter Theory Group, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eyvaz.Isaev at fysik.uu.se, isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com