[Pw_forum] phcg in espresso-4.0.1

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Fri Aug 22 13:19:57 CEST 2008

On Aug 22, 2008, at 10:35 , <pysdw at bath.ac.uk> wrote:

> My question is whether I am safe to stick to espresso 3.2.3 for
> this work?
> It seems the simplest solution. I've browsed the change log and
> didn't see
> any reason why not, but your comments would be appreciated.

I do not think much has changed since 3.2.3 in the Raman part.
Serious bugs are usually reported in Doc/BUGS. I don't see any.

> Since the forum suggests it's a compiler problem

well...it's not that all SIGSEGV are compiler bugs, but they are so
often that I have stopped to worry about such error, unless it is
reproduced on a different machine (is it?). The same applies
to all MPI errors, by the way.

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222