[Pw_forum] fermi level(XQ Wang)

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 17 14:29:12 CEST 2008

Dear Wang,

>I'm sorry for my terrible opinion. eigenSTATE should be the
>eigenvector of matrix (quantum operator) and eigenVALUE should

>be the mean value of quantum operator. I have read some >quantum mechanics textbooks as Eyvaz suggested (C.KITTEL), >unfortunately I fail to make a connection between the book
>and application.

>> My brain doesn't work.
Wait, wait, Kittel is a solid state textbook, but not quantum mechanics one. If you like you can read QM textbooks like Landau&Lifshits (volume 3, Quantum Mechanics), Shiff, Messia, Cohen-Tannondji etc.
There is a textbook by Flugge with QM problems and their solutions.

So, paper and pen are your good friends.

Bests,
Eyvaz.

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,

Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys, Russia,

Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University, Sweden

Condensed Matter Theory Group, Uppsala University, Sweden

Eyvaz.Isaev at fysik.uu.se, isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com