[Pw_forum] force

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Sat Aug 9 21:51:26 CEST 2008

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008, ali jalaukhan wrote:

AJ> Dear All

dear ali,

AJ> I want to know about the suitable value for force-convergence
AJ> threshold .Is .002 0r 0.003(Ryd/a.u) appropriate or not ?

sorry, but this question is as easy to answer as whether blue
or green is a suitable color for a car.

as you can see from the many, many discussions in the mailing archives,
the answer always depends on the kind of accuracy you expect from
your calculation and how accurate your electron strucuture calculation
is, and many other tiny details.

if you want absolute answers, you have to change fields
to philosophy or religious studies...

cheers,
   axel.