[Pw_forum] problem releated to calculating elastic constants

Hande Ustunel hande at newton.physics.metu.edu.tr
Fri Aug 8 12:57:24 CEST 2008

Dear Premlata,

It's normal for LDA to underestimate the lattice but in your case the error
is about 4%. I would start to get nervous. One usually aims at 1 or at most
2 percent. I suggest you try other pseudopotentials and/or try to make sure
that you are getting good fits for your Ecut, Nk, smearing (if necessary)
parameters. By a "good curve" I mean one which is not too bumpy.

Best,
Hande

--
Hande Toffoli