[Pw_forum] "charge is wrong"

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Wed Apr 23 18:34:22 CEST 2008

Francesca Costanzo wrote:
> Dear Stefano,
> after
>       number of scf cycles    =  14
>       number of bfgs steps    =  12
> where the energy were going down the run was interrupted without error.
>
> Then, I took the last optimized geometry starting "from_scratch" and
> the error "charge is wrong" appears after
>       number of scf cycles    =   1
>       number of bfgs steps    =   0

so it completed one full scf cycle starting from_scratch with the new
configuration....
is the starting (superposition of atomic) charge at the beginning of the
run ok ?
are the forces very large ? is the new configuration reasonable, the
total energy as expected?
after how many iteration of the second scf cycle does the code crash ?

Something to try is to clean manually the scratch area and see if the
error appears again.

stefano

stefano