[Pw_forum] benchmark calculations for parallel PWSCF

brsahu at physics.utexas.edu brsahu at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 28 18:35:26 CEST 2007

Dear PWSCF users,

Is it possibe to get a info on benchmark PWSCF SCF parallel
calculations (CPU time versus number of processors) for a particular
physical system on any computing machines (linux clusters, IBM (Power
series), SGI, HP etc.

Is it possible to share the numbers with me if you have such numbers?
I am aware that lot depends on what type of processors, what
communication channel, what libraries etc. But at this stage I am not
looking at a particular set of hardware/software set-up but only a
rough idea of how SCF parallel run scales with
number of processors for a given system size

Bhagawan Sahu
Microelectronics Research Center
University of Texas at Austin
10100 Burnet Road, Bldg. 160
MER 1.606H, Mail code R9900, TX 78758-4445
e-mail: brsahu at physics.utexas.edu
Phone: (512)-471-1344 FAX: (512)-471-8575