[Pw_forum] Question about induced dipole moment

Nicola Marzari marzari at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 20 14:42:21 CEST 2007

lan haiping wrote:
> Thank you very much , Prof Marzari .
> Why can we safely treat metallic nanotubes with wfs' centers change  ?
> Just because of its feature DOS pattern at Fermi level ?
>
> With Regards,
> Hai-Ping

I'd say because the system is not metallic in the tranverse direction.
But it's true that even in graphene one can use the WFs center to
reach meaningful conclusions about the contribution of the different
orbitals to the dielectric response - but let's not start a thread on
this.

			nicola