[Pw_forum] Question about induced dipole moment

Nicola Marzari marzari at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 18 22:30:06 CEST 2007

Dear Hai-Ping,

it was done directly with real space integration - i.e. in the
transferse direction, the dipole is given by the integral of r rho(r).

It could also be done by looking at the change in position of the
sum of the centers of the Wannier functions - this is less accurate,
since the reciprocal-space expression for the position operator is
based on a finite-differences discretization.

				nicols