[Pw_forum] INTERESTING position available soon

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Sat Sep 15 15:31:11 CEST 2007

Dear Quantum Espressionists,

this is to inform you that a "technologist" position is going to be
advertised soon by the DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center in
Trieste, in collaboration with the Scuola Internazionale Superiore di
Studi Avanzati (SISSA), to work on the development and maintenance of
the software distributed with QE (mainly, but not exclusively, PWscf,
CP/FPMD, PHONON).

The candidate will have the responsability of coordinating the team
of developers, initially under the supervision of and later, in
collaboration with Paolo Giannozzi.

A good deal of scientific independence will be granted to the
succesful applicant. By this I mean that it is expected that a
fraction of his/her worktime (say, of the order of 1/3) will be
devoted to his/her own research in total and complete independence.

The salary will be of the order of 1500 €/month after taxes,
including full social security (national public pension funds) and
health insurance.

The contract will be initially for one year, automatically renewable
for two more years. Although no formal commitment can be made at this
time, it is expected that the job will become tenurable before the
deadline of the third year.

I would like to invite potentially interested candidates to submit an
informal "expression of interest" with a brief CV and list of
publications to:

Prof. Paolo Giannozzi
p.giannozzi at fisica.uniud.it

The post will not be officially advertised until suitable expression
of interests are received.

More information are of course available upon request either from me
or from Paolo.

Cheers,

Stefano Baroni

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
[+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)