[Pw_forum] How to calculate unoccupied states using cp.x

Hongjun Xiang xianghjun at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 17:49:04 CEST 2007

Dear Prof. Marzari,
Thanks a lot for your detailed answer.
I tried the first method, it works well.
One minor point is that one should use the same "nbnd" in the ground state
calculation as that in nscf calculation. Otherwise, it will complain:
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
from cp_readfile : error # 30
electron, bands or spin do not match

Regarding the second method, I will try later.

Have a good day.

Best regards,
Hongjun Xiang

H. J. Xiang