[Pw_forum] "Wrong atomic coordinates" message

Xunlei Ding ding at sissa.it
Wed Sep 12 11:00:48 CEST 2007

Dear Eyvaz,

Yes, I did the same test as you, and no error like "Wrong atomic
coordinates" was found.
But when I used xcrysten to see the input file,
it was found that the distance between H and Li is about 0.4A.
I am not sure whether some versions of espresso will think this too
close distance as "Wrong atomic coordinates".

My suggestion to Sergey is:
at first, check what Eyvaz has said , ie "Check your own file in your
computer whether it contains any extra symbol at the end of a line
(usually ^M due to DOS, Windows).".
If no problem, then add "crystal" to the line "ATOMIC_POSITIONS" to see
what will happen.

Best regards,
Ding