[Pw_forum] "Wrong atomic coordinates" message

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 10:28:44 CEST 2007

Hi Sergei,

--- Sergey Levchenko <levuser at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I know what my mistake was. I specified
> atomic_positions card with default option which is >
alat, but that is still in cartesian coordinates,
> right? I wanted to specify in the basis of the
> lattice vectors. Do I have to  use option crystal?

No, the error is not related to specifing atomic
coordinates either in cartesian or wrt lattice
vectors. Of course, you will find incorrect symmetry
if you setup atomic positions improperly. This will
result in incorrect total energy.

Actually I used your input file, except
Pseudopotentials name, but did not observe any message
like you mentioned (more strictly, no message). So,
your input file looks correct. Check your own file in
your computer whether it contains any extra symbol at
the end of a line (usually ^M due to DOS, Windows).
Use "vi" editor for this purpose.
It might also be you need an extra blank at the
beginning of these lines.

Bests,
Eyvaz.