[Pw_forum] about wannier center

Andrea Ferretti ferretti.andrea at unimore.it
Mon Sep 3 13:28:25 CEST 2007

Hi Wei Zhou,

to my experience, the inner window should contain more or less all the
states you want to represent properly (with some degree of flexibility,
of course)... instead the outer window should typically be quite large,
including states up to several eV above the inner upper edge.
Anyway, I suspect that no general rule can be drawn, and you should
perform some tests (eg, selecting one outer window and enlarging it if
WFs are not properly localized)

andrea

--
Andrea Ferretti
National Research Center S3, CNR-INFM  ( http://s3.infm.it )

Please, if possible, don't send me MS Word or PowerPoint attachments