[Pw_forum] a question about whether the phonon calculation can continue when the machine is shut down suddenly

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Tue Oct 30 21:36:19 CET 2007

On Oct 30, 2007, at 10:10 , Marcel Mohr wrote:

> [...] Last time I did a recover, after a crash I obtained the
> following message
> [...]
>       from broyden : error #         4
>       factorization

restarting from a crash may or may not work. If the needed
files are corrupted, it doesn't work. There might be other reasons
such as a problem in the way the calculation is restarted, but it is
hard to say more in absence of a reproducible problem, and this
kind of problems tend to be erratic.

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222