[Pw_forum] cp trouble! real one :-)

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Sat Oct 27 23:19:01 CEST 2007

On 10/27/07, shangyi <shang.yi at hotmail.com> wrote:

dear shangyi,

>   The system I concerned is Si64B, which has 259 electrons. The electron
> information printed in output is
> "Number of Electron 259, of States 130". So I don't know how to understand
> your hints? Some confusion happens on me again?

don't worry about that one. the problem here is that you are
running a system with an odd number of electrons, but don't
do a spin polarized calculation, i.e. you have to set nspin=2
and multiplicity according to what you need (probably 2).

> > Just remove the two cards above.
>   I did it. The cp.x works well.

but your results are probably bogus because of the
fact that you "force" your system to have two half-occupied orbitals.
(with nspin=1 full spin symmetry is assumed and only one wavefunction
computed for both spin-up and spin-down).

cheers,
   axel.