[Pw_forum] How to calculate the properties of free OH

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 19:17:32 CEST 2007

Dear newbie,

First of all, again, please specify your affiliation.

There was lots of good suggestions, as example, change
to H potential if you are going to study  OH.

In fact, the main reason for such a kind messages
(errors) is that your system is a metallic, but you
did not specify "occupations" keyword and related ones
("degauss", and "smearing" if you choose
occupations='smearing', and nothing if you specify
occupations='tetrahedra'). As you did not specify
"occupations" your system is considered as a
semiconducting (insulating) one.  As a consequence,
you lost some amount of electrons.

Besides, please read carefully output file. There is
excellent comment of pw.x:

     from setup : info #        -1
     the system is metallic, specify occupations

This info is sufficient to understand why you received
the error message and what you should do.

Bests,
Eyvaz.