[Pw_forum] g95/cfft3d

Jörg Saßmannshausen sassmannshausen at tugraz.at
Sun Oct 21 13:26:28 CEST 2007

Dear Fariba,

I have used the intel 9.1.039 compiler and I did not have that problem (on
AMDx2, running Debian Etch). Maybe updating to it might solve it?

As for your previous error (-intel-fast-memset), I have noticed that there is
a difference in the order in /etc/ld.so.conf: If I move the line for the mkl
_after_ the lines for the intel compiler, the libguide from the compiler will
be used instead of the libguide for the mkl. Reversing the order (i.e. mkl
line before intel lines) everything is ok.
Alternatively, use static linking which make the binaries more portable as
well.

My to cents to the problem.

Best wishes

Jörg

>  Dear Paolo,
>  Thank you the  error "-intel-fast-memset" was solved with  your  prevouis
>  comment.
>  Now there exist another error for  run_example: "from cfft3d, error#
>  no scalar fft driver specified, I have run the example in two different
>  machine one with  ifort 9.0 compiler and the other one has g95.In user
> guide it is mentioned that the error is related to ifort 9.0 compiler but
> I have checked two different compiler. Would you please let me know is
> there any solution.
>  Regards
>  Fariba Nazari
>  IASBS
>

>  >
>
> > On Oct 11, 2007, at 10:43 , nazari at iasbs.ac.ir wrote:
> >>  Running the scf calculation .../root/fariba/expresso-3-2/bin/
> >> pw.x:symbole
> >> lookup.......   error: undefined symbol: -intel-fast-memset
> >
> > more likely, "_intel_fast_memset". It is a compiler library. Either
> > you are not correctly linking the object files (you should use the
> > same for compiling and linking), or you are using strange compiler
> > options, or you have a bad installation of the compiler
> >
> > Paolo
> > ---
> > Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
> > via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
> > Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222

Jörg Saßmannshausen
Institut für chemische Technologie organischer Stoffe
TU-Graz
Stremayrgasse 16
8010 Graz
Austria