[Pw_forum] 3rd Annual CNF Fall Workshop on Nanoscience and Geology

stewart at cnf.cornell.edu stewart at cnf.cornell.edu
Wed Oct 17 22:44:31 CEST 2007

Dear Quantum Espresso users and developers,

I would like to draw your attention to the 3rd Annual Cornell Nanoscale
Facility Fall Workshop, "Defining the Interface between Nanoscience and
Geology" to be held at Cornell University from Nov. 12-13th.

This year, we will examine how nanoscale simulation tools can impact
research in geology.  Areas of focus include modeling high pressure
materials, phonon dispersions and seismology, biomineralization, and
fluid-mineral interactions.  This workshop will provide morning lectures on
the theory and afternoon hands-on sessions where participants work directly
with the codes.  The Quantum Espresso package will be covered in tutorial
sessions.

For more details and to register, please visit:

http://www.cnf.cornell.edu/cnf_fallworkshop2007.html

Thanks to the Kavli Institute for Nanoscience, we will have funding to help
a limited number of graduate and post-doctoral students attend the workshop.
The number of participants is limited so register early.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.  I hope you
can join us!

Best regards,

Derek

** This workshop is made possible through funding from the Kavli Institute
for Nanoscience, the National Nanotechnology Infrastructure Network (NNIN),
and the National Science Foundation **

Derek Stewart, Ph. D.
Scientific Computation Associate
250 Duffield Hall