[Pw_forum] error -intel-fast-memset

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Sat Oct 13 21:29:55 CEST 2007

On Oct 13, 2007, at 12:42 , nazari at iasbs.ac.ir wrote:

>  I  checked LD and   I have used the same for compiling and linking,
>  and The compiler is installed properly.
>
>  Would  you please let me know what do you mean by  "using strange
>  compiler options" becuse I just follow the User's guide.

optimization for the incorrect machine type, or IPO (interprocedural
optimization or whatever it means), or any of those fancy optimizations
that after a week of compilation produce an executable that is 1%
faster (and sometimes slower) than the executable produced using
simple optimization.

Try first of all to use the internal copy of FFTW : add
-D__USE_INTERNAL_FFTW to DFLAGS, recompile
(you actually need to recompile only clib/fft_stick.c);
use the internal copy of blas and lapack:
BLAS_LIBS      =   ../flib/blas.a
LAPACK_LIBS    =  ../flib/lapack.a
If there are still missing system libraries, there is a problem
with your compiler or system libraries. If it works, replace
BLAS_LIBS and LAPACK_LIBS with what is needed for
mkl (no need to recompile). If there are again missing
system libraries, there is a problem with mkl. Otherwise,
remove -D__USE_INTERNAL_FFTW from DFLAGS, specify
the fftw library in FFT_LIBS, recompile clib/fft_stick.c .
If the missing libraries show up again, your fftw library
is compiled in a strange way, or in any event, in a way
that is incompatible with the rest

P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222